Bilal Abdulhafeez Ahmad Al Rantesee
Former Senior Educational Psychologist Specialist
Save the Children Jordan
Jordan Hub | ASIA
Bilal Abdulhafeez Ahmad Al Rantesee formerly held the title of Senior Educational Psychologist Specialist with Save the Children Jordan (SCJ). SCJ is an independent local organization while part of a global movement. It began its work in Jordan back in 1974, focusing on the most deprived children and their families. SCJ has been committed to developing, implementing and sustaining a continuum of highly successful programs to provide children with a healthy start in life and an opportunity to learn. It has provided children with the necessary tools to be protected from harm and has given families the support they need to create sustainable change in their lives. SJC’s programs aim to improve the living conditions and opportunities for children, youth and their families. They are implemented in collaboration with national and international strategic partners including government entities, non-governmental organizations, donors, United Nations agencies and community-based organizations.
Bilal’s role within Save the Children Jordan included:
- Developing, designing and following up on all psychosocial, protection, and early childhood training, activities and guidebooks
- Holding workshops, completing paperwork and archiving for each meeting/workshop
- Providing the necessary support for psychosocial/protection/psychologist staff
- Developing performance measurement tools
- Reviewing all documents related to child protection and matching them with safeguarding policies
He was interested in participating in the Certification Program for Compassionate Systems Master Practitioners because of its new and unique methodology in working with people, and because SCJ had plans to include elements of the framework within the Transforming Refugee Education towards Excellence (TREE) program which concentrates in redesigning and implementing activities with teachers in public schools.